Monday, October 11, 2010

Recycled Leaves

I have been working on some projects which are series of applying testing tubes. I guess they are one of my obsession lately :) I wanted to used the testing tubes as a vase for plants in a project and something potential came out during an experiment.


I first cut some organza silk and handmade papers into leaf shapes, and I layered and stitched them together. Then, I attached wire to represent stem parts.
I stamped the words "recycled leaf" because I'd made the paper from kozo Plants, and now made some plants from the paper... interesting cycle hah :)


I definitely need to develop this more to make into an actual piece, but it was fun playing with different media!
I simply like the feel of different texture together.

No comments:

Post a Comment